Friday, October 30, 2009

Updating device drivers and Globe Tattoo

I can't really blame Globe. It just happens to the best of us, what more with a choppy network that's undergoing servicing? Besides, I was downloading a 110MB file.

I was trying to update the device drivers for my video card. Seeing that it is having problems running some programs (i.e. Left 4 dead), I decided to update the drivers. Lo and behold I had to update Java too, that took me 20 minutes (because of the disconnecting, reconnecting wasting 5 pesos-ing). After updating my Java Runtime environment I had to do the scan with Nvidia. It told me to download this 186 file so okay I downloaded it. Wonder of wonders it's 110MB big!

110MB in the age of DSL and Cable and what have you is a minuscule file. You can download that in a few minutes. Unfortunately, for a wireless broadband user like myself I have to bear with the frequent disconnections that occur and the slow speed. So I decided to wait for an hour and a half. 50 minutes into the download firefox tells me that the source file cannot be read. What the hell does that mean? I'm 58% done with the damn thing! So I have to close the download and just blog about another experience with wireless. :(

On top of all that, I'm using tattoo prepaid. So every time I connect I automatically spend 5 Pesos for 15 minutes. I stay connected for an hour or more that's 20 pesos already. I only have 70 pesos left.

I had written two paragraphs worth of text before posting this. Globe decided to disconnect as I was posting it. No draft was saved... Wonderful. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Smart Bro plug it is now 995 with reviews & suggestions and speeds, open line modem, manual, antenna connections to improve signal
    http://smartbroplugit.wordpress.com/

    Globe Tattoo plug it is now 895 & suggestions and speeds reviews, open line to use on all services, where to buy antenna
    http://globetattoo.wordpress.com/

    Another alternative is SMART Bro Share it with antenna connection possible, read the reviews, manual, where to buy antenna

    http://smartbroshareit.wordpress.com/ or unlimited surfing on their USB plug it for P1500 a month. http://smart.com.ph/bro/products/

    You can get the Globe usb or the SUN usb unlocked read more about it at my plug it sites above to use with any sim.

    SUN INTERNET USB PLUG IT NOW GIVES 180 HOURS FREE SURFING READ REVIEWS

    Sun just finally met the competition a little by now offering 180 free for 30 days when you buy their 1895 usb plug it modem. Smart now offers modem for 999 and Globe for 895
    http://suninternet.wordpress.com/

    And now SUN has announced a 50 peso load for all day surfing such a deal if your in area that SUN is decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer was attacked by a virus and when i bought it, i missed the drivers, so i needed to looking information by internet. Finally i reached an information that advised me download by the web. i was surprised. I hink all the information cotained in the blogs always result very useful. actually i found a site interesting called costa rica investment opportunities

    ReplyDelete